Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 15, 2011

Today we are gonna see Grandpa Al and Nana Lynda. We left Zihuantanejo at 7 and rode all day till 5. We had a couple problems on the way. Like about an hour on the rode. Dad quickly was slowing down for a speed bumb, because they are everywhere in mexico. Anyways dad quickly slowed down for the bumb and scince dad is trying to conserve energy so his battery will last long he has no head lights, break lights, dash or signals. I saw him dam near stopped and I was only a couple meters behind him. I swirved so I wouldn't hit him dirrectly in the back. This quick thinking on my part help the stiuation in a large amount. I swirved but not soon enough, our side bags clipped. Mine ended up exploding all of the road and dads just broke off. I drove of the road, but kept the bike up the whole way, and came to a stop. Dad was just nudged over a little, but he kept the bike up too. We quickly pick up all of the stuff pack it into my side bag where we discovered a large crack in the plastic. Not a problem the bag still closes. Dads bag on the other hand, the latch was the only thing that broke. So we just strapped it on and were on our way. Nothing much was said then. Later we are going and it feels like my back tire is flat. Oh great. We stopped and checked it out and the tire pressure is perfect, but my hub bearings arn't. Perfect... We decided they will be good enough to get us to Puerto Vallarta. We kept on trucking. We had to stop again because I lost my top bag. Luckyly it was just dangling behind my bike by the strap that was holding it down. Man this has been one hell of a day. Anyways we finally made it to Al and Lynda's place. We went out for dinner and visited for the rest of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment